Preliminary Django 1.9 support
Dec. 30, 2015 in news
Work is underway to make django-fluent compatible with Django 1.9. The following packages have been upgraded to support Django 1.9:
- django-polymorphic (with the exception of the admin)
Work for django-fluent-pages is still underway. A 1.0b1 release is issued for testing. However, it does have issues with the admin and page moving that still need to be fixed. If you can help, please join in!
- A slug preview field, that shows which part of the URL will get the slug.
- blogs: support for translatable category titles, using django-categories-i18n instead of django-categories.
- blogs: a migrate_blog_categories command, to upgrade the category model.
- pages: translations for the textfile pagetype.
- pages: multiple fallback languages in URLs.
- pages: draft CSS class in the menu, and “is_child_active” variable for templates.
- contents: text-filters, to perform post-processing filters on textual content (e.g. apply smartypants, add soft-hyphenation).
- contents: API for search engine integration.
- contents: a debug toolbar panel for locating content.
The project template has been updated to use Django 1.8 with the latest package versions.